Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Stacked


A closer look at bleedy-red prototype.

So for about a year, a bunch of finished, unfinished and fucked-up hats (and those soon to maybe be fucked up or maybe finished more) sat around my place like house jewelry. I'd poke at some now and then, pull out a marker or a can of spraypaint and "fix" something, blah.

I had black and silver Sharpies, black silver and white paint pens, a bunch of tubes of acrylic paint, but I would use anything that was around sometimes, kind of in the spontaneous vein of the first one. I didn't have any black paint this one time, so I hunted around my place, and found some nail polish. I like using that now. I dug out some nubbier, softer colored pencils that I'd inherited at a yard sale of a friend, painter EK Buckley, who was moving to New York. I tried coffee for a lighter stain one morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment