Tuesday, June 9, 2009

And Then



So on another trip to Madison, I started "styling" more hats (I think I used the verb "make" before, but I don't actually make the hats, I just do stuff on them...but you know how some photographers say that they "make" pictures not "take" pictures? I like that). And when I got back to Chicago, I tweaked and preened and styled more in my place in Humboldt Park.

They didn't all have the "My Hat" tag on them. The hats became more about customization, doing something that was unique for each one, so that it was truly an individual piece that someone would be owning... (Remind me to tell you about this kick-ass documentary Tales of the Rat Fink by Ronn Mann, about custom-car king Ed Roth.)

The pic above is of some of the hats in progress in Madison. As any artist-type can understand, many of these look nothing like this anymore. That's a good thing and a bad thing of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment